国民娱乐网址gm777.top是一家集国民娱乐网址,国民娱乐网址,国民娱乐网址于一体的综合性娱乐公司,为玩家提供全方位的游戏体验,诚邀您的体验。

  ·我要投稿 ·設為首頁 ·加入收藏 ·合作服務 ·關于我們
 
   | 網站首頁 | 新聞NEW | 工學視界 | 人文 | 思政 | 學習 | 法律 | 國防 | 影音 | 校慶 | 
  您現在的位置: 工學網 >> 學習 >> 學友交流 >> 基礎課程 >> 正文
  相關文章 更多>>
沒有相關文章
  最新公告 更多>>
普通文章卜長江教授高等數學(FIC)系列…11-19
普通文章如何培養工科大學生的創新精神…05-28
普通文章科技部部長談我國已初步形成推…05-26
普通文章培養大學生創新精神要與實踐活…05-07
  精品專題 更多>>
高教參考 媒體工程
學子展風 茗文天下
科技賽場 科教廣角
船海知識 時政要聞
憑網觀法 法律服務
學者論學 技術前沿
  熱點文章 更多>>
2018年,中國的這6個成就驚艷了…12-28
2017年游客最愛去的20個城市(…12-17
數學是數學家的墓志銘——墓碑…04-06
美國82歲老太把28歲劫匪打到送…12-08
在班車上11-26
  推舉文章 更多>>
科技寫作中常見的縮寫錯誤11-26
第二十一次中國-歐盟領導人會…04-11
四六級最后90天過級備考規劃04-11
求職者看過來!破解最常見的五…04-04
還在為如何回復SCI審稿意見發愁…03-29
拒絕別人只會說No, 是時候了解一下這些詞啦~
作者:佚名 文章來源:滬江英語 點擊數:164 更新時間:2019/10/18 17:28:46         ★★★

Nope

不是

‘Nope’ is used as an informal way of saying no, but only when answering a yes or no question, usually when the answer is not of great significance to the person who asked the question. You often smile when you say ‘nope’.

“Nope”是一種非正式的表示的方式,但僅在回答問題時使用,通常情況下,回答對提問者來說意義不大。在說“Nope”時你常常要微笑。

‘Nope’ can never be used in the middle of a sentence, and shouldn’t be used if the person who asked the question is going to be annoyed or upset by you giving a negative answer.

“Nope”不能在句子中間使用,如果提問的人對你的否定回答感到惱火或不安時,不要使用這個表達。

Example 1.

1

It’s 8 o’clock at night and you were supposed to have dinner on the table, but you fell asleep and haven’t made dinner. You know person 1 will be very angry that you didn’t do what they asked. Saying ‘nope’ will only make them angrier. Instead, answer something like:

現在是晚上8點了,你本應該在桌上吃飯的,但你睡著了,還沒做晚飯。你知道某一個人會很生氣,因為你沒有按他們的要求去做。說只會讓他們更生氣。相反,像如下這樣回答問題:

Person 1: Is dinner ready?

第一個人:晚餐準備好了嗎?

Person 2: I’m so sorry but I fell asleep and didn’t make anything, but let me order a pizza! What do you want on yours?

第二個人:很抱歉,我睡著了,什么也沒做,但是我來點一份披薩吧!你想要什么?

Example 2.

2

Person 1 is looking for something at work. They don’t seem particularly worried. You can use ‘nope’, as your answer isn’t particularly significant to them.

第一個人在工作時找東西。他們似乎并不是特別擔心。你可以用“nope”,因為你的回答對他們來說并不特別重要。

Person 1: Have you seen my stapler?

第一個人:你看到我的訂書機了嗎?

Person 2: Nope.

第二個人:并沒有。

Nah

Like ‘nope’, ‘nah’ is an informal way of saying ‘no’. Although it’s also only used to answer yes or no questions, it’s used in a different context. Nah is often used when someone asks if you want / need anything, for example

就像‘nope’,‘nah’是一種非正式的表達的方式。雖然它也只用于回答是或否的問題,但它在不同的上下文中使用。當有人問你是否想要/需要什么時,例如:

Person 1: Do you want a lift?

第一個人:你要搭車嗎?

Person 2: Nah, I’m alright thanks.

第二個人:不用了,我沒事,謝謝。

Or if you can’t be bothered to do something:

或者如果你不想做什么:

Person 1: Do you want to go to the shops today?

第一個人:你今天想去商店嗎?

Person 2: Nah.

第二個人:不想去。

Saying ‘no’ softly

輕輕地說

Sometimes you want to say no, but either you’re not sure or you want to soften your answer, because the person you’re answering will be offended by a negative answer.

有時你想說不,但要么你不確定,要么你想使你的回答變得委婉,因為你要回答的人會被否定的回答冒犯。

Not really / Not particularly /not especially

不是真的想/不是特別想/不是很想

‘Not really’ can be used to say ‘no’ when you want to say ‘no’ softly.

當你想輕聲說時,“not really”可以用來d代替說“no”。

Person 1: Did you like my friend Sarah?

第一個人:你喜歡我的朋友莎拉嗎?

Person 2: Erm… not really.

第二個人:額....不是真的喜歡。

However, it can also be used to mean ‘not very much’:

但是,它也可以用來表示不是非常

Person 1: Was he sorry that he ruined the party?

第一個人:他為自己毀了聚會感到抱歉嗎?

Person 2: Not really.

第二個人:并沒有很內疚。

Not quite / almost

不完全/幾乎沒有

You can use ‘not quite’ and ‘almost’ when something is very nearly finished. It can also be used to give someone feedback, to make them feel positive about their work even though it hasn’t reached the standard you were expecting.

當某件事情快要完成時,可以使用“Not quite”“almost”。它們也可以用來給別人反饋,讓他們對自己的工作感到積極,即使它還沒有達到你期望的標準。

Person 1: I’ve finished this piece of work. Is it good enough to give to the client?

第一個人:這件工作我已經完成了。已經足夠好可以給客戶了嗎?

Person 2: Not quite, but if we make a few small changes we can send it over.

第二個人:沒完全好,但是如果我們做一些小的改動后,我們可以把它送過去。

Saying ‘no’ very strongly

非常強烈地說

Sometimes you want to say ‘no’ very strongly to answer a question. In these situations, you can use definitely, or absolutely not. These forms shouldn’t be used when you’re trying to be polite, as they can often be interpreted as rude. However, in an informal context they’re perfect for answering ‘no’ very strongly. There are lots of other ways of saying ‘no’ strongly:

有時你想非常強烈地用來回答問題。在這些情況下,您可以肯定地使用,也可以絕對不使用。這些表達在你試圖禮貌的時候不要使用,因為它們經常被解釋為粗魯。然而,在非正式的背景下,他們非常適合回答。有很多其他方式可以強烈地說。

Absolutely not synonyms (Formal)

絕對不是的同義詞(正式)

It's out of the question

不可能

Certainly not

當然不行

Under no circumstances

無論如何絕不

Informal

非正式

Not on your life

絕對不行

Not on your nell

不行

Not in a million years

想都別想

Fat chance

沒門兒

Person 1: Can I use your phone to call my mum?

第一個人:我可以用你的電話給我媽媽打電話嗎?

Person 2: Certainly not. She’s in India, it’ll cost a fortune!

第二個人:當然不行。她在印度,那要花很多話費!

Person 1: Will you be going to the party later?

第一個人:你一會兒會去參加聚會嗎?

Person 2: Not in a million years!

第二個人:想都別想!

Person 1: Will you go on a date with me?

第一個人:你愿意和我約會嗎?

Person 2: Fat chance

第二個人:沒門兒。

Polite ways of saying NO

有禮貌的說“NO”的方式

You usually use the word ‘no’ when you want to give a negative answer to a question or to a request. However, in some situations, if you simply reply with ‘no’, you could offend the person you’re talking to, so here are some other ways to say no:

當你想對一個問題或一個請求給出否定的答案時,你通常用“no”這個詞。然而,在某些情況下,如果你只是簡單地回答,你可能會冒犯你正在談話的人,所以這里有一些其他方法可以說。

No thanks.

不用了,謝謝。

I appreciate you thinking of me, but no thank you.

我很感激你想起我,但不,謝謝你。

Not for me, thanks.

不適合我,謝謝。

I’m afraid I can’t (do something).

恐怕我做不到。

I’d rather not, thanks.

我寧可不,謝謝。

If someone asks if you want something, and you don’t want it

如果有人問你想要什么,而你不想要

This is what the situation would look like if you just said ‘no’.

如果你說,情況會是這樣。

Person 1: Would you like a tea or coffee?

第一個人:你要茶還是咖啡?

Person 2: no.

第二個人:不。

However, in most English-speaking countries, this would be considered very rude. Instead you could reply with:

然而,在大多數講英語的國家,這被認為是非常粗魯的。相反,您可以回復:

Person 1: Would you like a tea or coffee?

第一個人:你要茶還是咖啡?

Person 2: No, thank you.

第二個人:不,謝謝啦。

Person 1: Would you like a tea or coffee?

Person 2: I’m fine, thanks.

第二個人:我很好,謝謝。

Person 1: Would you like a tea or coffee?

第一個人:你要茶還是咖啡?

Person 2: I just had one, thank you.

第二個人:我剛剛喝了一個,謝謝你。

Or even a combination of two of the two answers above:

或者是以上兩個答案的組合:

No, I’m fine thanks.

不,我很好,謝謝。

I’m fine, I just had one thanks.

我很好,我剛喝了一杯,謝謝。

If someone offers to help you but you don’t need help

如果有人愿意幫助你,但你不需要幫助

In these situations, often explaining what you’re doing, or that you’ve already asked someone else for help works instead of ‘no’:

在這種情況下,你需要解釋你在做什么,或者你已經向別人尋求幫助而不是回答“no”了:

You walk into a shop and the shop assistant approaches you:

你走進一家商店,店員走近你:

Shop assistant: Can I help you at all sir?

店員:先生,我能為您效勞嗎?

You: I’m just looking, thanks.

你:我只是看看,謝謝。

Your car broke down at the side of the road and someone stops:

你的車在路邊拋錨了,有人停了下來:

Another driver: Are you okay? Do you need any help?

另一個司機:你還好嗎?你需要幫助嗎?

You: I’ve already called the breakdown service, thanks.

你:我已經給故障服務部打過電話了,謝謝。

If someone asks you for something, but you can’t oblige

如果有人問你什么,但你不能答應

Sometimes people ask you for things and you can’t help them. Using ‘can’t in your reply softens it, and makes it much more polite.

有時人們會向你要東西,你幫不了他們。在你的回復中使用“can't”會使其更委婉,并使其更禮貌。

I’m sorry, I can’t right now.

對不起,我現在不能。

In these situations, if you’d be happy to help them another time, say so! It comes across as much more polite than if you just say ‘no’, especially in formal or work contexts.

在這種情況下,如果你愿意在其他時間幫助他們,就說出來吧!這比你說“no”要禮貌得多,尤其是在正式場合或工作場合。

Ways in which you can do this are:

您可以通過以下方式進行此操作:

I’m afraid I can’t today, but next week I’ll have more time and would love to help.

恐怕今天不行,但下周我會有更多的時間,我很樂意幫忙。

My plate’s really full at the moment, but I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

我的日程真的滿了,不過我會盡快給你回電的。

I can’t help you this time around, but I’ll be happy to help next time.

這次我幫不了你,但下次我很樂意幫你。

If someone asks you for something, but you don’t want to oblige

如果有人向你要求某事,但你不想答應

In these situations, instead of saying ‘no’ (which could come across as rude) you could give a reason or an excuse for why you can’t help the person.

在這種情況下,你不必說“no”(可能會被認為是粗魯的),你可以給出一個理由或借口來解釋為什么你不能幫助這個人。

Someone asks if you want to do something, but you don’t, and don’t want to say why:

有人問你是否想做什么,但你不想,也不想說為什么:

Person 1: Do you want to go to London with me at the weekend?

第一個人:周末你想和我一起去倫敦嗎?

Person 2: I’d rather not, thanks.

第二個人:我不想,謝謝。

Someone asks you on a date. You don’t want to go, but you don’t want to be rude:

有人約你約會。你不想去,但你不想失禮:

Person 1: Do you want to have coffee some time?

第一個人:你想喝點咖啡嗎?

Person 2: Sorry, I’m really busy at the moment, but maybe some other time?

第二個人:對不起,我現在真的很忙,不過也許改天吧?

Someone asks for your help but you’re in a hurry and can’t stop:

有人向你求助,但你有急事,無法停下手中的事:

Person 1: Could you help me move this bookshelf quickly?

第一個人:你能幫我把這個書架快點搬走嗎?

Person 2: I’m so sorry but I’m late for work / my train / my class

第二個人:很抱歉,我上班/火車/上課遲到了

Someone asks if you want to go to a concert, but you don’t really like the music:

有人問你是否想去聽音樂會,但你不太喜歡音樂:

Person 1: Do you want to go to a heavy metal concert with me on Saturday?

第一個人:周六你想和我一起去聽重金屬音樂會嗎?

Person 2: Thanks, but I’m not really into heavy metal.

第二個人:謝謝,但我不太喜歡重金屬。

 
 【發表評論】【加入收藏】【告訴好友】【打印此文】【關閉窗口
  • 上一篇文章:
  • 下一篇文章:
  • 文章錄入:劉鑫博    責任編輯:C_lijianguo 
     
      最新圖片文章 更多>>

    2018年,中國的…

    2017年游客最愛…

    教育是心靈的對…

    “大國長劍”試…

    到蘭州種一棵樹
    | 關于本站 | 合作服務 | 聯系我們 | 網站地圖 | 招聘信息 | 法律聲明 | 版權聲明 | 友情鏈接 | 設為首頁 | 加入收藏 | 使用幫助 |
    哈爾濱工程大學網絡宣傳中心版權所有 http://study.www.vesvekuzi.com @ 2005-2007 All Rights Reserved 主辦單位:學生學習技能指導中心
    国民娱乐网址